Monday, August 2, 2021

Ken's Hat

 Knitted Hat for Ken
I have tried quite a few hat patterns and finally found one
that I like.
He says he is very happy with the fit and color.


The yarn I used is from Hobby Lobby and is called 'I love this yarn.' 
Color is Tin Roof. 

Pattern called for size needles 7 and 8 but I used sizes 3 and 4 to get the size I wanted.

Pattern
With smaller needles cast on 106 stitches.
1st row - (RS) K1, *K2, P2, Repeat from * to last stitch, K1
2nd row - P1, *K2, P2, Repeat from * to last stitch, P1
Repeat these two rows for ribbing until work measures 6 inches

Change to larger needles and continue with stockinette stitch till work from the beginning measures 8 inches.

Shape Crown
1st row (RS) - K1, * K2tog, K22, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 98 Sts

Second and alt rows P

3rd row - K1, * K2tog, K20, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 90 Sts

5th row - K1, * K2tog, K18, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 82 Sts

7th row - K1, * K2tog, K16, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 74 Sts

9th row - K1, * K2tog, K14, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 66 Sts

11th row - K1, * K2tog, K12, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 58 Sts

13th row - K1, * K2tog, K10, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 50 Sts

15th row - K1, * K2tog, K8, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 42 Sts

17th row - K1, * K2tog, K6, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 34 Sts

19th row - K1, * K2tog, K4, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 26 Sts

21st row - K1, * K2tog, K2, SSK, Rep from * to last st, K1 - 18 Sts

Break yarn, leaving a long end for sewing.  Thread yarn through remaining 18 stitches.  Draw up and fasten securely.  Sew back seam, reversing half way through ribbing for turnback cuff.

Easy Pattern

4 comments:

Debi said...

I made a hat very similar to this one for my husband... even the same yarn! He likes it because it's nice and warm. I also had to use smaller needles.

Hill Top Post said...

It looks perfect for a guy. I have a feeling it will get a lot of wear this winter.

susan q said...

Well done Karen. I am a very slow knitter but thanks for the pattern. I may give it a try but no promises. Your turned out lovely. Glad Ken ♥ it. When it comes to cold weather, any hat will do for me as long as its warm.

Rose said...

If I wore hats, I certainly would love this one.